CN - 6th Street Overpass
Photo taken by Elliott Johnson in April 2014
License: Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike (CC BY-SA)
Crosses former through town alignment of Route 66
- Pony/through plate girder bridge over S. 6th Street (Business Loop 55) on Illinois Central Railroad
- Springfield, Sangamon County, Illinois
- Built 1949
- - Canadian National Railway (CN)
- Illinois Central Railroad (IC)
- Pony plate girder
Span length: 63.0 ft.
Total length: 63.0 ft.
- Also called
- IC - 6th Street Overpass
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.76611, -89.64833 (decimal degrees)
39°45'58" N, 89°38'54" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/273154/4405153 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Springfield West
- Inventory numbers
- IL 084-9900 (Illinois bridge number)
BH 52162 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2009)
- April 16, 2014: New photo from Elliott Johnson
- March 22, 2014: Updated by Steve Conro: Added category "US 66"
- April 21, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Added categories "Illinois Central Railroad", "Railroad"
- April 21, 2012: Added by James Baughn
- Elliott Johnson - elliottsgon15 [at] hotmail [dot] com